This DIY has saved my sanity more than once. No, seriously! Have you ever been dashing out the door and realize your sunglasses are missing? Mad dash to check the car…not there…kitchen counter?…no…foyer table?…no again…see yourself in the mirror above the foyer table…AND THERE THEY ARE, ON YOUR HEAD!!!! Yeah, that never happened to me either.
And so here is the life changing DIY organizer for eyewear. It is so simple and only takes 15 minutes. It will take you longer to hunt up your missing eyewear and slip them onto the board!
This organizer hangs at our lake house, hence the nautical fabric and chalkboard fish decor.
Here are the supplies and instructions to make your own!
Thumb tacks or pushpins
Hot glue gun
Stretch cord or ribbon (found in craft stores near jewelry supplies)
Fabric (I used 1/2 yard)
- Measure your cork inside the frame. Add 1/2 inch to fold fabric over.
- Cut the fabric out.
- Iron the fabric, fold all four sides under 1/2 inch, and iron folded edges.
- Place fabric on the cork board and hot glue it in place (or use thumbtacks).
- Cut lengths of ribbon or cord to fit tightly across the board. I added about 4 inches to the width of the cord to tie a loop on each end.
- Use thumbtacks to hold the loops on the cord in place. Place two or three thumbtacks across the length of the cord to hold it firmly in place.
- Hunt up your glasses (and the ones on top of your head) and get organized!
It’s that simple! I’m going to make another one to go in the mud room at home. I can’t believe how much I love this simple DIY!